Trips sponsored by the Friends of the Bourne Council on Aging are primarily for the benefit of members.
- Friends trips are also open to any adult over the age of eighteen (18+) years.
- Intergenerational trips are designated by an ‘IG’ in the announcement. IG trips are open to children six (6+) years of age. One (1) adult/guardian must attend per two (2) children attending. The Friends of the Bourne COA welcome children on their IG trips who are on their best behavior.
- Payment in full with completed Friends registration is due at least 45 days prior to the trip’s departure. All payments are non-refundable.
- The Friends reserve the right to cancel any trip. If the Friends cancel the trip, a refund will be issued.
- If a participant cancels their registration, a refund will NOT be issued unless the passenger has an appropriate substitute or the vacancy can be filled from a wait list.
- Adults who are physically or functionally impaired are welcome to participate on Friends trips. The Friends reserves the right to require that a participant in need of special accommodations have a caregiver travel with them.
- Wristbands are provided to each trip participant and must be worn during the entire trip. Wristbands provide participants and trip supervisors the ability to identify all trip participants from Bourne. Wristbands also provide to the participant the emergency phone number of the trip supervisors.
- For the safety of all travelers, a medical release, signed by a health care provider, is required by the Friends in the case of a participant’s recent injury or illness. The certificate must be provided to the Council on Aging office prior to the trip’s departure.
- Participants must be able to meet their own medical or dietary needs during the trip, taking into consideration delays and other unforeseen travel circumstances.