Selectmen update Residential Recycling Center policy
Per the Bourne Board of Selectmen, 12 foot trailers will be allowed to be used with your sticker at the residential recycling center for the remainder of 2017. However, please note that only materials from your residential property are allowed. Commercial “dump runs” must go over the scale and pay.
Notice to Landfill Customers
The Town has shifted the business model for the landfill whereby it utlizes almost all of the allowable daily tonnage for disposal of municipal waste combustor ash under a contract with Covanta SEMASS. The remaining daily tonnage is used for household trash from Bourne and from the Town of Falmouth under a contract. On a limited basis and depending on the available capacity, other materials such as soils may be accepted. As a result, ony those with a residential recycling center sticker will be allowed to dispose of motorboats, sailboats and RVs by paying at the scale. Local hauling companies and boatyards are good sources for information on disposal options.
Welcome to the webpage for the Department of Integrated Solid Waste Management (ISWM.) ISWM has had, and will continue to have, a large impact on the affairs of the Town of Bourne. Many questions have been asked about its operations and how they affect residents. We recognize these concerns and are committed to providing the residents of Bourne with the information they seek. One way in which we hope to provide information to the community, is through the use of this webpage. Please explore the different sections to familiarize yourself with our operations.
Listed below are other ways to learn about what we do:
- Residents are encouraged to arrange for a tour of the facility and the opportunity to discuss any issues directly with ISWM management.
- ISWM management periodically has cable TV shows on Comcast channel 13 to provide updates to the community and show new footage of the site.
- Annually, ISWM conducts an open house at the facility. Please check this website and the local newspapers for an announcement about the next event.
- ISWM has been and will continue to be available for speaking engagements at civic organizations, clubs, and business groups.
- ISWM staff periodically appears before the Board of Selectmen, Board of Health, Finance Committee, Capital Outlay Committee and the ISWM Landfill Business Model Working Group. Check posted meeting agendas to see if ISWM is scheduled to attend.
- Finally, we encourage you to read items listed in the “Reports & Documents” section of this website. Included there are several presentations that provide detailed information about our operations and plans.
We hope you find the information on this site useful and look forward to continuously improving its content. Please feel free to contact me 508-759-0651, or by email if you have any questions or comments.
|Dan Barrett||General Manager||508-759-0600, extension 4240|
|Phil Goddard||Manager of Facility Compliance & Technology Development||508-759-0600, extension 4241|
|Asa Mintz||Operations Manager||508-759-0600, extension 4243|
|Paula Coulombe||Assistant Coordinator Finance & Recycling||508-759-0600, extension 4236|
|Jane Henzie||Secretary||508-759-0600, extension 4235|