Integrated Solid Waste Management
New seasonal schedule to start at Bourne Residential Recycling Center
Bourne- The Department of Integrated Solid Waste Management (ISWM) will switch to an off-season operating schedule at the residential recycling center located at 201 MacArthur Boulevard (Route 28N) beginning, Tuesday, September 15, 2015. The residential recycling center will be closed Tuesdays beginning September 15th and will remain open Wednesday through Monday until Memorial Day weekend 2016, except for holidays. The hours of operation will remain 7:00 AM until 3:00 PM. Commercial hours of operation will remain the same.
As a reminder, please note that the last day for the paint shed this year will be Saturday, October 17th, the same day the household hazardous waste collection day will be held at the Peebles School on Trowbridge Road. For more details visit townofbourne.com, then go to the ISWM Dept. page.
Notice regarding recycling at curbside
Some neighborhoods may see recyclables collected by a yellow trash packer. This is a temporary situation. Recyclables will still be diverted to recycling.
NOTICE to C&D Transfer Station Customers
The C&D Transfer Station may be closed frequently because of market conditions that prevent removal of stockpiled loads on a regular basis. This in turn limits our ability to manage incoming loads.
Customers are advised to call the Scale House at 508-759-0639, beginning at 7 AM, to see if the facility will be open that day and if so, for how long.
ISWM management is working diligently with haulers and processors in the region to alleviate this situation. We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your patience.
Welcome to the webpage for the Department of Integrated Solid Waste Management (ISWM.) ISWM has had, and will continue to have, a large impact on the affairs of the Town of Bourne. Many questions have been asked about its operations and how they affect residents. We recognize these concerns and are committed to providing the residents of Bourne with the information they seek. One way in which we hope to provide information to the community, is through the use of this webpage. Please explore the different sections to familiarize yourself with our operations.
Listed below are other ways to learn about what we do:
- Residents are encouraged to arrange for a tour of the facility and the opportunity to discuss any issues directly with ISWM management.
- ISWM management periodically has cable TV shows on Comcast channel 13 to provide updates to the community and show new footage of the site.
- Annually, ISWM conducts an open house at the facility. Please check this website and the local newspapers for an announcement about the next event.
- ISWM has been and will continue to be available for speaking engagements at civic organizations, clubs, and business groups.
- ISWM staff periodically appears before the Board of Selectmen, Board of Health, Finance Committee, Capital Outlay Committee and the ISWM Landfill Business Model Working Group. Check posted meeting agendas to see if ISWM is scheduled to attend.
- Finally, we encourage you to read items listed in the “Reports & Documents” section of this website. Included there are several presentations that provide detailed information about our operations and plans.
We hope you find the information on this site useful and look forward to continuously improving its content. Please feel free to contact me 508-759-0651, or by email if you have any questions or comments.
Residential Recycling Center seasonal schedule
(Memorial Day to Labor Day)
Open 7 days a week 7:00 AM to 3:00 PM
Closed on all legal holidays
Note: Residents from other towns must follow the guidance listed here. We cannot accommodate customers after noon on Saturdays or at all on Sundays.
Landfill and C&D Transfer Station Hours
Monday - Friday: 7:00 AM to 4:00 PM
No brush, yard waste or ABC after 3 PM or Tuesday (off-season)
Saturday: 7:00 AM to 12:00 PM
Closed on all legal holidays