Integrated Solid Waste Management
New off-season schedule to start of the residential recycling center
Bourne- The Department of Integrated Solid Waste Management (ISWM) will switch to an off-season operating schedule at the residential recycling center located at 201 MacArthur Boulevard (Route 28N) beginning, Tuesday, September 13, 2015.
The residential recycling center will be closed Tuesdays beginning September 13th and will remain open Wednesday through Monday until Memorial Day weekend 2017, except for holidays. The hours of operation will remain 7:00 AM until 3:00 PM. Commercial hours of operation will remain the same.
As a reminder, please note that the last day for the paint shed this year will be Saturday, October 15th, the same day the household hazardous waste collection day will be held at the Peebles School on Trowbridge Road. For more details visit townofbourne.com, then go to the ISWM Department page.
The C&D transfer station, however, will remain closed until further notice.
Notice to Landfill Customers
The Town has shifted the business model for the landfill whereby it utlizes almost all of the allowable daily tonnage for disposal of municipal waste combustor ash under a contract with Covanta SEMASS. The remaining daily tonnage is used for household trash from Bourne and from the Town of Falmouth under a contract. On a limited basis and depending on the available capacity, other materials such as soils may be accepted. Unfortunately, we no longer accept motorboats, sailboats and RVs for disposal. Local hauling companies and boatyards are good sources for information on disposal options.
Welcome to the webpage for the Department of Integrated Solid Waste Management (ISWM.) ISWM has had, and will continue to have, a large impact on the affairs of the Town of Bourne. Many questions have been asked about its operations and how they affect residents. We recognize these concerns and are committed to providing the residents of Bourne with the information they seek. One way in which we hope to provide information to the community, is through the use of this webpage. Please explore the different sections to familiarize yourself with our operations.
Listed below are other ways to learn about what we do:
- Residents are encouraged to arrange for a tour of the facility and the opportunity to discuss any issues directly with ISWM management.
- ISWM management periodically has cable TV shows on Comcast channel 13 to provide updates to the community and show new footage of the site.
- Annually, ISWM conducts an open house at the facility. Please check this website and the local newspapers for an announcement about the next event.
- ISWM has been and will continue to be available for speaking engagements at civic organizations, clubs, and business groups.
- ISWM staff periodically appears before the Board of Selectmen, Board of Health, Finance Committee, Capital Outlay Committee and the ISWM Landfill Business Model Working Group. Check posted meeting agendas to see if ISWM is scheduled to attend.
- Finally, we encourage you to read items listed in the “Reports & Documents” section of this website. Included there are several presentations that provide detailed information about our operations and plans.
We hope you find the information on this site useful and look forward to continuously improving its content. Please feel free to contact me 508-759-0651, or by email if you have any questions or comments.
- 2016 Residential Recycling Center Policy
- Household Hazardous Waste
- ISWM Operations
- ISWM Overview
- Landfill Odor Issues
- Online Payments
- Open House & Earth Day Celebration 2016
- Open House 2016
- Rain Barrels 2016
- Recycling & Composting
- Recycling Articles
- Recycling in Bourne
- Reports & Documents
Residential Recycling Center off-season schedule
(September 13, 2016 until Memorial Day 2017)
Open Wednesday - Monday, 7:00 AM to 3:00 PM
Closed on Tuesdays and all legal holidays
Note: Residents from other towns must follow the guidance listed here. We cannot accommodate customers after noon on Saturdays or at all on Sundays.
Landfill and C&D Transfer Station Hours
Monday - Friday: 7:00 AM to 4:00 PM
No brush, yard waste or ABC after 3 PM or Tuesday (off-season)
Saturday: 7:00 AM to 12:00 PM
Closed on all legal holidays