What if I disagree with the assessed value of my property?

If, in your opinion, the assessment of your property is too high, by all means discuss this with the Director of Assessing. When you receive notice of a new value, you may make an appointment to talk with the Assessors. In meeting with them, you will want to be specific about why you disagree. Is there some misinformation on the property record card? Do you find values of comparable propertied lower than yours? If so, it is helpful to cite specific examples. Information on all the assessments in the community is available in the Assessors’ Office. The appeal process is described on the tax bill.